Since the winter 2019 season is about to start I might as well make my list of what I’ll be watching and animes I might take a look at later at the end of the season.
- Director: Yuichiro Hayashi, Kiyoshi Matsuda
- Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
- Character Design: Manabu Akita
This is by far my most anticipated show of this season, I wasn’t expecting a second season this quickly but I really liked the first. Although many people complained about them, so popular, exaggerated faces those over the top expressions were what I most enjoyed in the show, without that Kakegurui wouldn´t be Kakegurui for sure. Plus the singer JUNNA is in charge of the opening theme, so this got everything to be a crazy good ride.
Yakusoku no Neverland
- Director: Mamoru Kanbe
- Series Composition: Toshiya Ono
- Character Design: Kazuaki Shimada
This one I was expecting to announce a while now, I purposedly retrained myself from reading the manga just to have a fresh a thrilling experience on watching the anime. So I don’t expect anything but an adventure and some kind of obscure storytelling.
Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019)
- Director: Shingo Natsume
- Script: Tomohiro Suzuki
- Character Design: Hidehiko Sawada
So about Boogiepop, I don´t really know anything about the original material nor the first series, but for what I saw from the trailers it seems very interesting. I hope Madhouse doesn’t mess this up, the trailers showed some good sequences but let’s see if will be consistent.
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
- Series Composition: Yasuhiro Nakanishi
- Character Design: Yuuko Yahiro
Kaguya-sama from what I read it’s a really well discussed romantic comedy story. I didn’t really see any teaser, so I just want to be surprised, and hope all of this praising is all worth it.
- Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- Series Comp: Yasuko Kobayashi
- Original Chara Design: Hiroyuki Asada
- Chara Design: Satoshi Iwataki
Samurais + Demons + MAPPA and you have an adaptation of a 60’s manga set in the Edo period. This has all the elements I like the most from old Japan, samurais, epic battles, and thieves in the mix. I’ll surely enjoy this one.
- Director: Hideki Okamoto
- Series Composition: Satoko Sekine
- Character Design: Minami Yoshida
So, this is anime I only picked like last week, I was really impressed by the visuals. I only know that it will be yuri spin-off of Shingeki no Bahamut (which I haven’t pick up yet) but regardless I knew the Bahamut franchise or not the visual right took my attention. The details on the hands, legs pretty much all the character animation look top-notch, plus the backgrounds also looked nice. I don’t really expect any emotional or deep storytelling by I’ll let my sakuga fanboyism lead the way.
That’s pretty much it, for all I’ll gonna follow this season, but before I finish I’ll just mention some anime I might watch later or pick up during the season depending on the reviews about it:
- Domestic na Kanojo (If it follows the echii, sexual nonsense route I’ll immediately discard for good, but it follows a more adult and dramatic approach like Kuzu no Honkai I’m totally in for it!)
- Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! (So, this one isn’t really my type, but I’m saying this for so long and still watch this kind of show. Just because it’s done by DogaKobo I might give it a chance later on)
- Star☆Twinkle Precure (About precure, I actually planning to catch up with his latest series (Hugtto! PreCure) when it’s done, maybe later I’m gonna be free to watch it.